A mansion, a cosy cottage, room for the extended family, a rental or somewhere to relax in the holidays – we can make it a reality.
Need to sell your property? The first step is to know its value in order for you to make a decision. Talk to one of our local team and ask them to give you a market appraisal, at no charge. They will come and view your property then complete a written report that shows comparable sales, where they think the value sits and how best to market your property.
Getting your property ready for market.
We have all seen the DIY programmes or the house flippers – the question is, how much do we spend without over capitalising? This will depend on the area the property is in, the current market value and if you are talking short or long term. Your local Salesperson may be able to help you decide which actions are more likely to increase the value of the property. They will be able to give you some statistics on what is selling in the area and why they think this is. Maybe you have decided you just want to move on. It could be a simple fix – a declutter or hiring the local gardener for the day. At Farmlands Real Estate we are happy to give helpful advice.
Here are some suggestions to get you started.
- Start by removing everything you haven’t used or won’t need for a while.
- If you have a lot of furniture, consider hiring a storage unit so you can remove the surplus.
- Remember to declutter cupboards. Buyers will check storage during open homes. Tidy organised cupboards to imply that the rest of the house is well looked after.
- This is a great opportunity to sell or throw out items you don’t want to move to your next home.
- Remove or replace chattels that you don’t want to sell before the first open home, for example, a favourite lightshade.
- Bear in mind though, this is a home and it still needs to feel like one.
- First impressions are important.
- Keep lawns mowed, paths swept and gardens weeded.
- Check the fences are in good condition and declutter the section.
- Make sure all the buildings look clean and tidy, including the windows.
- Attend to things like dripping taps, cracked windows, sticky doors and light bulbs that need replacing.
- Make sure your front door looks inviting. Maybe it needs a fresh coat of paint, a new door mat and some pot plants for colour.
- Remember your Salesperson will help you prioritise the tasks to tackle if you are short of time and budget.
Contact us at Farmlands Real Estate and we can take the stress out of buying or selling. Our teams have the local knowledge, understanding of the market and expertise to put a deal together. We will help guide you through the process so you feel comfortable and are able to make an informed decision. We are New Zealand’s provincial real estate experts.